Penmaenmawr.com

Penmaenmawr and Dwygyfylchi Community Forum
It is currently Tue Oct 17, 2017 3:16 pm

All times are UTC

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ] 
 Post subject: Goodbye and Thank You
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:17 am 
Site Admin

Hi Everybody

With great sadness I've come to the decision to close the forum down, the main website will still be active but the forum will be archived.

Due to dwindling member numbers, loss of moderators and the fact we never recovered from the forum server being deleted, The forum has gone down hill not only that but I cant keep up with the maintenance of the site now its on my server, new program upgrades is becoming more difficult to implement and with spam attacks I think I may of made it harder for new members to join.

I will keep the forum open for the next couple of weeks till after Christmas, so if you wish to grab member contact details or save any forum posts and pictures, now is the time to do it.

I'm totally gutted about it after all its been running for over 10 years but I cant see a future of keeping the forum alive especially as I cant give the attention its needs.

The main website will be active and we also have the facebook forum page, which quite frankly is far more active (over 600 liker's) than the forum so you will still be able to keep in contact over there and share stories and images. With facebook I wont have to worry about maintenance and spam attacks.

https://www.facebook.com/PenmaenmawrAndDwygyfylchiForum

I hope you understand my decision as it was extremely hard to make as it was my baby pet project but I've finally excepted its run its course.

My plan is to deactivate the commenting and new member joining the forum beginning of January and then trim down the posts to leave behind the local history ones and then in the next few months I will make pages for the archive posts. Once the saved information is complete I will hide/delete the forum.

I'm so sorry as I know this forum means a lot to some of you, I can only hope you come to facebook to continue the community chat. Thank you so much for being a part of the forum and making this site the most wonderful source of information on our community. I've enjoyed watching the forum grow and seeing you all interact and making new friends. Thank you all xxx

With a heavy heart
Emma

Post subject: Goodbye and Thank You
PostPosted: Tue Dec 16, 2014 3:02 pm 

Thank you for the great explanation Emma.

Thank you also for all your hard work over the years...

I'm already active on Facebook, and will soon activate into your site....

You take care and look after yourself...

Richard G. Xx

PostPosted: Wed Dec 17, 2014 1:15 pm 

Thank you for all your hard work, I think you are correct when you said the loss of the old site changed things.
Thanks again
Stuart

PostPosted: Thu Dec 18, 2014 9:17 pm 

THANK YOU EMMA FOR YOUR WORK WITH THE WEB SITE, IT IS A SHAME THAT AFTER ALL YOUR

WORK , IT HAS BEEN AN INTRESTING SITE AND I'M SURE THAT IT HAS BEEN APPRECIATED BY MANY.

SINCERE WISHES FOR YU AT CHRISTMAS AND ONCE MORE THANK YOU VERY MUCH

EURON

PostPosted: Wed Dec 24, 2014 10:38 pm 

So sorry to hear this. Thanks Emma for your work to maintain this site.
I have never lived in Pen, but my grandparents were born there and when I visited I felt that I had come home.
Best wishes to all for a lovely holiday season and for a happy 2015.
Marilyn Griffiths

PostPosted: Mon Jan 05, 2015 4:09 pm 
Site Admin

Thank you so much :D Means a lot to me xxxx

I hope i'll keep seeing you all at https://www.facebook.com/PenmaenmawrAndDwygyfylchiForum

im now closing the comment section but you still have some time to copy anything you need xxx

Forum locked This topic is locked, you cannot edit posts or make further replies.  [ 6 posts ]